Thursday, July 19, 2007

Milestones and Jay Coes

This is my 100th post! Start the fireworks!

AJ has been speaking so well lately that I tend to forget that I still have issues with his enunciation. He woke me up by whimpering in the middle of the night on Monday. When I went into his room, he was sitting on the edge of his bed. He looked up at me and said, "Jay Coes. I want Jay Coes." Huh? I patted him on the head, told him everything was okay, and tried to get him to lie back down. "Mommy, I want Jay Coes." Again, I'm getting nothing. Haven't the foggiest idea what the child is talking about. After repeating it a few more times, I got down on my knees to give him a hug, and realized he had pee'd on himself. AHA! Got it! "Dry clothes, baby? You want some dry clothes?" "Uh huh."

I peeled his wet pajama bottoms off and put on fresh underwear. He was perfectly happy, and went back to sleep....

Last night he saw a picture of a rocket in outer space in a book and has now decided he wants to ride a rocket. Not any rocket, mind you. A RED rocket. And he wants to go to the sun, the moon, and Saturn. He wants to take Chicken Little to a spaceship and meet some aliens...

Okay, sweetie, I'll work on that for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH!! Poor, sweet angel!!!

mommiebear2 said...

Awww, reminds me so much of my Taylor Bug.