Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Better late than never

Okay okay okay....I KNOW I am late getting the Easter pictures and stories posted. We have been so incredibly busy. Here goes...

It was cold and rainy outside on Easter weekend, so everything had to be done indoors. We decided to let AJ color his own eggs for the first time. He discovered that if you squeeze them, they make a lovely cracking noise. We ended up with only 5 unbroken eggs. Thank goodness for the plastic ones I could fill with candy. The egg coloring kit I bought came with little religious stickers to put on the eggs after they were colored. AJ particularly liked the picture of Jesus. We put that one on an egg. He kept picking up that egg, hugging it, and saying "I love you Jesus". Until he hugged Jesus a little too hard and discovered the aforementioned cracking sound. He also had a bit of a problem waiting for them to dry and kept picking up the wet eggs and dropping them into the colors again.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh!! I half expected him to be all multicolored from playing with the wet Easter eggs!!

AJsMom said...

Oh trust me...these pictures were taken fairly early in the process. A bubble bath was definitely needed by the end! (For both of us!)

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the fact that AJ wanted to color eggs one day last week instead of going to school. Even led me to the table and got up in his chair to color eggs.