Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Homecoming

I have finally returned home from a week away from my family working a show in Washington, DC. It was my first time away from AJ for more than 2 nights, so I was really a mess leaving. Daddy kept me informed every day about happenings on the homefront....AJ wandering around the house with one of my shoes.....AJ looking for me in the mornings in the bed, then pointing the the bathroom sure I must be in the shower....

I was really excited to get home Friday night. I thought AJ would be excited to see me too. The van door slid open for me to get in next to him. He had a HUGE smile on his face. But rather than shouting "Mommy" with joy in his heart, he just threw his arms out wide and screamed "AIRPLANE" (well, his version of it). Apparently when they were driving around the airport, there was a plane sitting on the overpass above the road. He thought that was just the coolest thing he'd ever seen. He spent the rest of the ride home pointing out the window saying "airplane".

On Saturday, the local fire department had a open house. AJ got to sit inside a fire truck and an ambulance. Then they brought in Life Flight. AJ got to sit across the street and watch the helicopter land in the parking lot. That just got him started on "airplane" again.

We were looking online at the Carnival site to find our stateroom for our upcoming cruise. AJ was sitting in Daddy's lap at the computer, pointing at the ship on the screen and saying "airplane". I think I'm sensing a trend...

No comments: