Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Discombobulated

Why does it seem like one glitch in a well-made plan can get you completely off for days after? I had a simple business meeting planned in Dallas last Thursday. I was to fly there on the 8am flight and come back on the 5:30pm flight the same day. I could travel light, as I was not staying for long. Unfortunately Tropical Storm Erin decided to make landfall that very morning. Although it did not hit Houston directly, we were on the "dirty" side. It was raining BUCKETS as we headed to the airport in the dark of the morning. By the time we took off, things had started to clear.
Unfortunately, another band of storms hit Houston during the early afternoon. All flights in and out of Houston were cancelled. HUH?! We had to scramble around to get me a hotel room in Dallas. I had no medications with me, no clothes, and no cash; I barely had a hair brush with me. I was confirmed for an 8:30am flight on Friday morning and had to convince one of my Dallas coworkers to pick me up at 6:45am and drive me to the airport.
Again, Hubby had dropped me off on Thursday and was now gone to work and unable to pick me up Friday morning at IAH. After a few phone calls, one of my Houston coworkers came to pick me up on his way to work.
Now everything seems to be in "catch up" mode. AJ started his new class yesterday. I have to help Hubby pack, as he is leaving on early this Sunday morning for a cruise to the Bahamas. I will be a single mom for the week. I am planning our company picnic for this Saturday. Hubby will be back just in time for us to leave town for Labor Day. The weekend after Labor Day we will go out of town to visit my parents. The following weekend will be major cleanup to prepare for AJ's birthday party on 9/29.

And did I mention that we are still running a travel agency business on the side?...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breathe, Cindy!!! Breathe!!!

I have to remind you 'cause you're so busy you might forget...

mommiebear2 said...

Wow! And I thought my life seemed hectic right now - you so have me beat! We just had Claire's birthday this past weekend and the setup was seriously stressful but it turned out wonderfully.

Anonymous said...

Awwww don't we love the Houston weather! What a storm that was too. I am glad you finally made it back and everything is going well.

Nicole