Friday, April 06, 2007

More Misc Ramblings

I have been terrible about posting lately. Things have been incredibly busy at work. And since I was made Operations Manager in February, I haven't seen the top of my desk. I'm irritated pretty much on a daily basis about my job and the people there, and spend much of the day wanting to either crawl under my desk and hide or bang my head repeatedly against the wall.

During this time, AJ decided to spend a week as Satan's spawn. I was spending my lunchtime every day on the phone with his teacher trying to figure out where all of the aggression was coming from. Hubby and I already didn't much like this teacher. We think she has unrealistic expectations for what 2 and under kids can do. Admit it, they don'y have much of an attention span...She doesn't think AJ respects her as an authority figure. He ignores her, tells her no all the time, and doesn't listen. Hmmm....two?Park his little butt in time out until he does what he is told. He doesn't listen at home all the time either.

Well, yesterday we found out that this teacher is moving to the other location starting on Monday. AJ's new lead teacher seems really good. And doesn't seem like she'll take any crap off of anyone -- least of all a two-year-old. She has kids and grandkids of her own. This ain't her first rodeo! She told me this morning, that AJ hasn't been aggressive this week, he hasn't been climbing all over the furniture, and he doesn't yell at her. YEA! My good little boy is back!

AJ has gone to school every day this week in big boy underwear. He is averaging 3-4 accidents per day at school. He still gets distracted playing and doesn't remember to tell anyone when he needs to go potty. But yesterday afternoon, his teachers went looking for him and found him in the bathroom. He had taken himself to the potty. And he stayed dry the whole time we were out for dinner and errands last night. Folks, this is PROGRESS!

We seem to be losing a little momentum on the March of Dimes WalkAmerica efforts, but the team is still doing well. I'm really looking forward to this year's event. We have some new team members that I can't wait to meet and spend time with.

It's going to be a busy weekend. We have AJ's school party today at 2pm. I have to be at church for sound check at 6pm. Service at 7pm. I still have MAJOR house cleaning to do before Sunday afternoon. And I have to pick up a few more items at the grocery store. Tomorrow morning we are all volunteering at the church's Spring Festival. We'll get home in time for AJ's nap. I can get some cleaning done then. We're going to let AJ color his own Easter eggs this year. I'm thinking that little project is best left for the garage. I think he'll have fun. Sunday I have to be at the church very early for sound check, then singing for both services. We will have 8 people for Easter dinner at our house on Sunday afternoon. Then, we'll hide some eggs in the backyard for AJ to hunt.

Okay, this is getting way too long....I need to get some work done so I can leave early today. Besides, hubby keeps telling me every day that my posts are boring...

No comments: